Ingredients for 4
fresh phyllo dough with or without eggs (from the market or homemade)
1 cup Roko’s fresh blueberries
pinch of grated tonka bean
agave syrup, honey or any other natural sweetener
vanilla ice cream (Medenko)
1. Heat the oven to 180 or even 200 °C.
2. Cut the pineapple and wash the blueberries in cold water. Eat a few berries right away!
3. Take two dough leaves, soak them in a bit of water and melted butter with a pinch of tonka bean and cinnamon.
4. When they are thoroughly soaked, place them in the pan you use for baking pies or puff pastry. Arrange the pineapple on the bottom, add blueberries, grate a pinch of tonka bean and drizzle with agave syrup, honey or any other sweetener. Squeeze the lemon, drizzle with melted butter and roll the dough over the rim to create a round edge. Cover the dough with melted butter.
5. Let it bake until golden and crusty – for 20 to 30 minutes.
Recipe by: Jelena Iva Nikolić
Photos by: Sanjin Kaštelan
Nothing would taste the same without them: Roko’s Blueberries